The Sports Wagering Application Review Commission (SWARC) has approved ten licences ahead of the imminent launch of Maryland online sports betting.
The Commission assembled on Wednesday, November 16, to deliver its final verdict on ten online operators bidding to get the green light on a licence.
The ten online operators reviewed yesterday were:
- BetRivers Sportsbook (Arundel Amusements DBA Bingo World)
- BetMGM Sportsbook (BetMGM Maryland Sports LLC)
- DraftKings Sportsbook (Crown MD Online Gaming LLC)
- Caesars Sportsbook (CZR Maryland Mobile Opportunity LLC / Horseshoe Casino Baltimore)
- BetParx Sportsbook (Greenmount OTB LLC)
- Betfred Sportsbook (Long Shot’s LLC)
- Fanatics Sportsbook (Maryland Stadium Sub LLC / Washington Commanders)
- Barstool Sportsbook (PENN Maryland OSB LLC / Hollywood Casino Perryville)
- FanDuel Sportsbook (PPE Maryland Mobile LLC / Live! Casino and Hotel)
- PointsBet Sportsbook (Riverboat on the Potomac)
According to XLMedia writer Robert Linnehan, writing via his Twitter account, all ten operators were approved by SWARC.
The official launch of Maryland online sports betting could be just around the corner now, with the Maryland Lottery and Gaming Control Commission (MLGCC) revealing last week that it could be in place for Thanksgiving (November 24).
But, before that can happen, sportsbooks must successfully complete controlled demonstrations of their systems and procedures. This involves accepting wagers at specific dates and times approved by Maryland Lottery and Gaming.