Six industry start-ups have been chosen to compete in the finals of the inaugural edition of the SBC First Pitch Barcelona at next week’s SBC Summit Barcelona conference and trade show. The finalists will battle it out for a grand prize package valued at more than €50,000 that will assist the big winner in their growth and development plans.
The start-up competition powered by Yolo Investments forms part of the event’s ‘Emerging tech, blockchain and metaverse’ track on the final day of the global sports betting and igaming event. Each selected start-up will have the opportunity to pitch its product and innovative ideas to a panel of judges with expertise in venture capital investments within the industry.
Rasmus Sojmark, CEO & Founder of the event organiser SBC said: “I would like to congratulate all the start-ups who have made it this far. Most entries were worthy of making it to the finals, but the judging panel was most particularly impressed with the six selected finalists. All our judges are seasoned professionals with industry experience, and I’m confident they’ve made the best possible choices.”
The six finalists of the SBC First Pitch Barcelona contest are:
- Kero Gaming: a white-label in-game micro betting platform with a vision to disrupt the sports betting experience by offering an interactive social environment for bettors.
- Network Gaming: a provider offering sports prediction products focusing on the US sports betting scene
- OSAI: an AI data scout using AI and computer vision to collect accurate real-time data from sports live streams.
- Paradox: a parimutuel betting protocol where all the commission charged is distributed proportionally to the people who bet before you.
- POW Gaming: an eSports platform for mobile games allowing users to compete for real money prizes
- XRBET: an extended reality (XR) start-up with a Proof-of-Concept (POC) iGaming technology enhancing the virtual (VR) and augmented reality (AR) casino gaming and sports betting experience.
The competition will be hosted by Anton Kaszubowski, Managing Director of SBC Advisory Partners. A judging panel comprising Pontus Sjögren (Commercial Director and Partner, Yolo Investments), Jake Stagno Navarra (COO, Red Rhino), Sandford Loudon (Partner, Oakvale Capital), Tom Waterhouse (Chief Investment Officer, Waterhouse VC), Alex Chalmers (Managing Partner, Stadia Ventures) and Richard Carter (Former CEO, Bragg Gaming & SBTech) will decide the winner and the runner-up of the competition.
Sojmark added: “Each competing start-up will get a space in the ‘Innovation, Technology & Start-ups zone’ to showcase their product to the 6,000 delegates visiting SBC Summit Barcelona next week. We are happy to facilitate such opportunities for ambitious start-ups looking to shake up the industry. I wish everyone good luck.”
The runner-up will receive a promotional package valued at €11,500, while the big winner will get a prize package valued at more than €50,000.
- a trip to Tallinn for two days of workshops with Yolo Investments valued at €25,000, with flights, hotel and other expenses paid
- an SBC Media promotional package valued at €11,500, including six months of advertising on SBC News or CasinoBeats, newsletter advertising, and two featured editorials promoting their business
- a 3x3m booth at the 2023 SBC Summit Barcelona valued at €15,000, including a turnkey stand, a sponsorship mention, and four complimentary tickets.
SBC Summit Barcelona is taking place between September 20-22. Get your full access pass to SBC’s biggest-to-date event for €495 or bring along two (or more) team members and save 30% on your tickets.