Six startups operating in the sports betting and the online casino gaming industry will deliver a pitch at the inaugural SBC First Pitch Barcelona powered by Yolo Investments – a company focused on bringing next-level innovation to the worlds of igaming, fintech and blockchain.
The First Pitch competition, part of the wider SBC Summit Barcelona event, will bring together some of the most exciting global startups within the industry to compete for a chance to win an exclusive prize package valued at over €50,000. The competition is proudly sponsored by Yolo Investments and 7scale, a company aiming to fuel the growth and success of the most promising startups.
SBC CEO & Founder Rasmus Sojmark said: “SBC is happy to provide the platform for the industry startups to showcase their business and pitch their product in front of an expert judging panel. We have created an awesome prize package in collaboration with Yolo Investments to help the winner set themselves apart from the competition. This industry can be unforgiving, so the First Pitch is a great opportunity for the participants to get on their feet.“
The competition will be hosted by Anton Kaszubowski, Managing Director of SBC Advisory Partners. Anton will be joined by a judging panel with significant expertise in venture capital and investments within the industry that will choose the finalists and the winner of the competition. The panel comprises:
- Pontus Sjögren (Commercial Director and Partner, Yolo Investments)
- Jake Stagno Navarra (COO, Red Rhino)
- Sandford Loudon (Partner, Oakvale Capital)
- Tom Waterhouse (Chief Investment Officer, Waterhouse VC)
- Alex Chalmers (Managing Partner, Stadia Ventures)
Pontus Sjögren, Commercial Director and Partner at Yolo Investments added: “Yolo Investments is proud to power the inaugural SBC First Pitch in Barcelona. I haven’t seen a more exciting startup culture in the gaming industry during the twenty years I’ve worked in it. Yolo Investments is already helping to guide some of the fastest-growing businesses in the sector, and nothing excites us more than helping the next generation of game-changing innovators. We’ve always followed Wayne Gretzky’s advice: ‘skate to where the puck is going, not where it’s been.’ Working closely with new igaming startups is the perfect way to do just that.“
Jake Stagno Navarra, COO at Red Rhino, commented on his role as a judge: “As much as this competition is an exciting opportunity for the startups, the SBC First Pitch is also a rewarding experience for me personally. Startups and innovation go hand in hand, and I am thrilled to be part of the judging panel that will boost the morale of the winning startup and give them the chance to grow and further develop their product.”
Entrant companies must fulfil certain eligibility requirements, as outlined below:
- have been founded no earlier than 2019
- be focused on the sports betting or online casino gaming industry
- have raised no more than €4 million on outside financing
- must have an MVP product to discuss and showcase
- must be seeking a minimum investment of €500,000
- have at least one representative from the company present at the competition on September 22
The finalists will compete for a grand prize valued at more than €50,000, with the prize package set to assist in their growth and development plans. The winner will get:
- a trip to Tallinn for two days of workshops with Yolo Investments valued at €25,000, with flights, hotel and other expenses paid
- an SBC Media promotional package valued at €11,500, including six months of advertising on SBC News or CasinoBeats, newsletter advertising, and two featured editorials promoting their business
- a 3x3m booth at the 2023 SBC Summit Barcelona valued at €15,000, including a turnkey stand, a sponsorship mention, and four complimentary tickets.
The runner-up startup will not leave empty-handed, as SBC has put together a promotional package valued at €11,500 to help their business excel in the industry.
SBC will stop accepting applications on Friday, July 22. To apply, visit this link.